Thursday, October 9, 2014

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Hi.... 
 
I see the building every morning.  Each morning, lit by the low sun.  My first glimpse of it always, always makes me smile.  The sight of him as I round the same corner (because I am always running right to the minute!) - those bricks so straight and stately, which have stood, in the very place in which they were first laid, are whispers.
 
"Hope"
 
Just the sight of them with their quiet whisper, "Remember.  Hope."
 
How many bricks?  How many bricks, standing two levels above ground and one below, in seven thousand square feet of its own footprint, welcome me each morning?  There is no mistaken the whisper of the building's bricks because even though those bricks whisper, their sound is neither weak nor soft.
 
No.  No, those whispers are each of thousands of bricks....
 
Thousands.
Each morning.
"Hope".
 
What people do not understand is that I am not saving a building.
The building is saving me.
....
Or maybe I am the only one who did not understand?
 
Lesson number six gazillion from the building...
 
Thank you.  Love and Blessings.
~stephanie


Bricks...standing, in place where they were first placed... standing.
Whispering.
"Hope".


No comments:

Post a Comment