Monday, October 6, 2014

Monday, October 6, 2014...
More good news and progress than 'not', so.....I would say a successful day!  Insurance adjuster phone call with a planned visit later in the week ~ insurance is always a good thing.  Companies typically shy away from insuring a building which had been on a city's list 'to be demolished'.  But this company came through.
I also ordered the tempered glass for the doors which is exciting as it opens the view of the building and sunlight!  (Plus, ordered five more panes of window glass).
Little by little.
I nailed the second window's piece of trim to cover the gap from the slowly sinking top half of the double hung window.  Does not look too shabby but I am worried about making the last piece look correct.  It has not dropped as much as the other two so the same width trim will actually cover part of the glass panes.  I was going to trim it lengthwise, but I think the best appearance is that of evening out the bottom edge of all three pieces.  Hard to explain.  I will take pictures tomorrow.

But could I be satisfied with nailing the trim board?  (especially after the nailing experience... which showed I have next to none.. I keep telling myself that every time I nail, I will get better at it.  There will be no shortage of nail and hammer activity in the years ahead!).

Well, I may have pushed my luck because I reasoned that since the temperature was well above forty degrees.... well, I should caulk!  Right?  Horrible.  Have I never ever learned?  I think the caulk will be fine, but as I am on the ladder, gusts of wind rolled down the street accompanied by rain.

So I packed up, disgusted with myself, then cleaned a few windows inside.

Logic?  Planning?  Hmmm, not so much.  Immensely satisfying getting that trim up.  And, slight progress with caulking is still progress.

So, I am counting it as a 'plus' day.  Learning.  Always learning.


Amidst tools, glass and putty... a bit of pink.  Pink can be the most.....

Handsomest of colors...

Thank you.

Love and Blessings.
~stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment