Thursday, October 2, 2014

Thursday, October 2, 2014..



 
Inside, among lights of the street and shadows...
 
 
I got to thinking.... the roof won't totally collapse, crashing into the concrete of the second level flooring... nope.  How could I not think of this earlier?  I have had visions of a total domino effect if the roof gave way under the pressure of rain-soaked wood.  The four huge steel trusses!  They lie upon brick and mortar bump-outs of the exterior west and east walls!  (They aren't going anywhere..).  Plus, let's 'for instance'.  What if the roof partially collapsed?  What would I do differently?  Would it change what I am doing? 
 
 
I would not do anything differently.  Isn't that the strangest realization?  I would cry.  I would have a massive clean-up effort on the inside, but structurally the building would not harmed by it.
 
However, I am not going to write on and on about it.... because I had only yesterday dreamed of watching the coming snows.... and, it is quite possible we will see our first snows on Saturday!
(Me and my big mouth!)
 
More rain this evening.  So much so I decided not to even clean grout, but I would sip a cup of coffee, sitting on my little perch, tucked in...
 
He seemed to lullaby me, with words of ..."Come.  Come, we are just beginning."
 
Love and Blessings,
 
~stephanie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment