Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Monday, October 20, 2014.
Whoa.  The past few days have my head spinning. Did I mention the craftsmen sent a drawing of the proposed carriage doors?  Yes!  Then, if that development was not enough, the roofer called!  I panic.  Perhaps he as changed his mind?  He does not want to do it? 
No. No, not at all.  We meet at the building.  Talk about the project.  Talk about the interior work needed on the rafters (is that what they are called?).  He tells me roofing stories.  And even though we both have signed a contract stating he will work on the Matthias building roof (I love calling it that!), I still do not bank on it happening.  Contracts are broken all the time.  Things change.  Maybe he changed his mind - after all, it is a huge roof needing a great deal of attention.  A mason needs to tuck point the big chimney before the roof is installed.  Carpenters need to work alongside the roofers to repair the interior rafters.  Did I mention there is no electricity?  All generator-power.  All.  It is not a straight shot job at all.
The good news is that there are no systems or interior to protect.  They can rip the existing roof off without worrying about interior damage. (Well, to a point, but you know what I mean).  Plus, as I have experienced quite a few times now, you cannot help but fall in love with the building.  Everyone wants to save it.  There is something about 'him'.
Additionally, I think, again to my surprise, that the challenge of working on a building like this one might be unique in itself.  A Matthias might come along only once in a lifetime!
(Now I am daydreaming - STOP!)
Back to the story.  We are on the roof, I am so excited about the possibility of the roof really happening, I cannot even think straight.  Seriously.  I know I am supposed to be all business-like, but really?  Internally, I am used to myself like this.  I know the business mind will kick in when it needs to.  And, as long as I do not sign anything, I am ok!  Beyond that though, I have to experience the excitement of it.  Why should I not?  Why should I not be so bleeping excited.....
<technical difficulties... Monday 10/20>
Added:  Tuesday, October 21.
The photos!!
Pumpkins ~ What is not to love?

Thanking God..

The roofer's mark ~ I knew it was a go!

Roof!

Roof!

On the roof!

Roof - the underbelly - Gorgeous! Why?  Because every stick of wood and every piece of metal is there for a reason..

On the way.... planking to the roof hatch..Look at the steel truss!!

Ladder... steel truss... It is all so beautiful... oops, handsome.
Thank you.
Love and Blessings.
~stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment