Monday, October 27, 2014

Sunday, October 26, 2014.
So many people have stopped while I work.... they notice the results of my efforts... so, as I berate myself for 1) proceeding with window primer painting before glazing (seems out of order, but it is a matter of 'beat the falling temperatures) or 2) not a better job generally;  peoples' comments and questions cause me to step back from the work.  It's a good thing - the old "looking at the forest versus the tree".  Balance.  Always a question of balance. Or perspective.  Maybe a balanced perspective?
Could be.
Speaking of which, it is time to invest in a taller ladder as a stretch last night wobbled the ladder while I perched on the second to top rung.  It was the rung on which the warning label is placed by the manufacturer in big bold letters.  Surely I am not the only one who ignores such signs with the smug justification that 'at least I am not standing on top of the ladder.'
Not good.  Not good at all.  I must have a guardian angel (overworked!) because it was enough of a teeter to get my attention but not one of such degree as to send me either to the pavement or dangling from the windows' hardware.
One more set of windows is primed at least well enough to slow the decay of wood underneath, preserve some of the window structure until next spring, and well, to be blunt, make him look spiffy!  Handsome. 
A local history buff stopped with notes detailing the past on West Main Street.  He also showed me a postcard from 1912 which may provide evidence that Matthias was already built.  From the angle of the buildings and the portrayal of the street on the postcard, it is difficult to tell.  More research is definitely needed!  It was all so cool...

Here's to a wonderful week!  Thank you.

Love and Blessings



~stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment