Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sunday, October 12, 2014
The building... so.... perfect..
Real progress!  I began the afternoon feeling positive - but there is a difference between my feelings and the state of progress (aka reality check).  The best thing to do?  Pause, think, then dive in!  I scraped and sanded.  Caulked (the messiest job ever, but I kept thinking to myself that I needed to keep moving, not perfectly, but perhaps 85%...And you know what?  It is going to be just fine - because I am going to get it done)!
Then - OH!  And I mean the hugest of huge 'Oh!'s'.  This primer which stops the peeling of paint - goopy, yes... fun to paint with?  Most definitely!  It will dry to a white finish while protecting the wood underneath.  After all the sanding I could not leave it bare to the elements overnight.  Not with the rain which is supposed to arrive here shortly and had threatened the last few hours of my work today with intermittent sprinkles. 
The change in appearance of the windows is startling. White, white, white with the bricks... not much feels better than stepping back to take a look, expecting that the primer coat will make the windows look cared for, but never ever expecting to be blown away by the difference.  Not only does it look good and protect the wood, but the white of the primer on those frames was like looking through the key hole... I could see what would be ahead.  It was the first time I felt the 'bringing back' rather than the constant drumbeat of scraping away and getting rid of.
I felt the hope of putting back together, of restoration, and of... well, sprucing it up.

Sometimes all a person needs..... is a little primer!

Happiness...

Thank you.  Love and Blessings!

~Stephanie

PS.  Lesson today from the building?  1) Be outside!  It has gotten me outside more than I have been in years... 2) The joy of people!  I would be remiss if I did not mention the loveliness of friends.... everyone.. Thank You..



No comments:

Post a Comment