Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Wednesday, September 24, 2014.

Hi! Happy Jewish New Year! Rosh Hashanah. May it truly be a year of sweetness...  No work on the building ~ I would like to lay blame on the rain, but truth is I am a bit tired.  Of course, I still check on him, but not just peek through windows.  No, now I walk through...

Then I peek through the windows...

I have noticed in these last three weeks that progressively.... he seems smaller.  No longer, cavernous.  Oh, he is big.  Seven thousand square feet on each level.  Huge!  But walking around or standing there, especially on the ground level, he feels like....

Home.

Warm.

He houses more and more of my thoughts and dreams, protected by a foot and a half thick, solid brick walls.  Right or wrong, I cannot determine.  But true. 

Tired.  I walked around just looking, feeling guilty for not working on something or not thinking or planning or analyzing or dissecting.  Feeling silly for spending so much time.... feeling.  As I was leaving I did conclude though, that perhaps it is these kinds of times - the times when you almost actively do nothing - that really lay the foundation for those dreams.  Without time to stare at windows guarded by massive concrete pillars, maybe a person would miss the comfort of knowing those pillars.  Without time to listen to the streets echoing inside, maybe a person might miss how warm and close ones footsteps sound on that concrete floor.

I think I could talk in circles all night about the building...

I bet when it was a machine shop, I bet it was happy.  And loud.  And warm.

I have so many people to thank as I travel this path.  I am grateful...

I wish you an overabundance of Blessings!

~Stephanie

*I forgot important progress:  Phone calls...I might have a mason for the chimney repair.... and spoke with roofer!!! (Perhaps a month away...). Getting that roof fixed is..... everything...

Sometimes it is good to look up, not know what it is..... Old ductwork.

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment