Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Tuesday, September 16.
Hi!  Honestly I had to think twice what day it really was. Is. You know what I mean... More scraping and its wonderful.  The door handle?  Works!  But it is not pretty, my repair job which is really a certain type of glue.  Word of advice:  When a glue bottle says "Expands as it dries," trust it. It really did.  I ponder the chemistry behind all of it, but conclude nothing.  Typical.  And fun.
Good news and not to embellish or faun over the city, but I have been informed the street department will pick up my bags of weeds!  A very welcome and unexpected outcome!  I take these triumphs with much pleasure as this journey is a long one.  My progress, as you may get a sense of it already, is two steps forward, then sometimes one-two-or-three backward.
Yep, not worrying about garbage bags of weeds plus avoiding a 'clearing the lot' ticket is like a double success!

Once again I have no new photos to share - my apologies, but I do have some pretty cool ones from the past few months.  As I look through them I notice that the windows' appearance from those photos to my scraping actually looks worse.  I know, I know.  The paint on these frames has to be scraped off as well as the old putty and paint on the panes themselves.  But it is a bit disheartening to look at the efforts of ones work and it looks rougher not better.  The only positive is that once in awhile, when I sand the wood....the smoothness and the grain and the clean lines....well, it just makes me smile.  Feels real. Oh! Plus, it could be my imagination, but I swear that from the inside looking out through those windows, they seem to sparkle a bit.  Impossible as I stopped treating them due to the moisture... Still, I swear they look....HAPPY!!!

(A good imagination I believe is critical to keep 'eating this elephant...bit by bit, bite by bite').

From July 24, 2014.  Looking at the Main Street entrance. I have about four different visions for the main entry and this area, including the wall to the right / east.
I think...that may be enough for today... (sigh...and, with a smile...)

I wish you many Blessings.. And, thank you.

~stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment