Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sunday, September 28, 2014.
Two broken panes....I needed to break two before I got the hang of it.  One is done.  I am glad of two things:  1) I began on the alley side of the building and 2) the pane being replaced was Plexiglas. 

All those instructions about not repeating the score...pfft.  I had to! Tap, tap with the metal ball, then snap with pliers.  After breaking two panes and the same amount of not-very-ladylike streams of exclamation, I have to admit dancing Rocky-style when I snapped the long shreds of glass along the cut.

Oh! And I found a sanding gadget for the drill! (I guess it was a pretty obvious addition, now that I think of it, but when I bought it, I had no clue.... until I saw it.... at the hardware store!

Cleaning another window produced a similar reaction!

I needed to return to the building later on Sunday.  I had high hopes of one more fix-it, but I decided to walk around outside, looking and visioning.  I stood across the street, in the neighboring parking lot.  It was the same spot that only six or seven months ago, I sat in the Jeep, crying - bawling really, in the snowstorm.  It was the day I said good-bye to the building.  A blizzard was swirling snow all around me.  I thought it was the journey's end for us.

Now, I own it!

I apologize - the tired's have returned... coincidently, any writing ability I might have had, seems to have 'exited left.'

May you have a wonderful week!  Especially:  Thank you!

Love and Blessings,

~Stephanie

Ps. (sorry...) Saw a shooting star, right there, by building...  sweetness...

No comments:

Post a Comment