Thursday, September 25, 2014

Thursday, September 25, 2014.
Scraped and cleaned windows.  Well, truthfully, more like one window.  Barely.  I missed being at the building, working, and making progress.  I don't even know if I made true headway.  I just kept thinking that maybe my efforts tonight were not 'bites of the elephant' but 'nibbles'!
I am prepared for my next step - caulk!  Visited this side of heaven:  the hardware store!  (Two kinds of caulk and the appropriate gun for the work... insert big *sigh* here). That will be my weekend project.
I keep imagining what winter will be like.  Think of it:  No worries of leaking.  Sunny winter days, opening up windows to let it breathe ~ airing out.  Get a dumpster to start serious work on the inside. Ahhhhhh!  Too exciting.  The roof is my benchmark. I know I have said it a million times....



One tube for window work;  the other for touching-up around the glass block. I also think I am close to picking colors for the window frames.  Usually such a choice takes me forever. I keep reminding myself "tick tock, Steph.".  With winter coming I have to choose, then do.

But you want to know what just happened?  I am totally serious.  Totally.  Just as I was typing "I have decided upon colors for the framing," I have a new inspiration.  No kidding.  It kind of hits me too.  I think it could be right.  Where do ideas come from?  I mean really.  Out of the blue I get a flash of what the colors should look like. 

Looks like a return to the hardware store...

I actually had deep and meaningful thoughts to write from the day, but I think Thursday's lesson at the building, again, is nibble.  A nibble is a bite, just a bit smaller... Still a bite though.

Thank you!  Love and Blessings!
~Stephanie
Ps:  When I leave the building now, I take one last look through the windows.  There is something magical about remembering the wishing for the building, now here it is.  Wishing wishes and remembering wishing those wishes.  I think it is good to wish from the inside the dream just as I had done from the outside...

No comments:

Post a Comment