Monday, September 15, 2014

Monday, September 15, 2014
Hi!
I have no new photos.  I do not even have any rants.  (Scraping does that ~ good for the soul!)  Last night and tonight I am thankful for the beautiful clear night skies which inspire me not to take pictures.  "Just enjoy....stare at that beautiful oversized-looking moon, dangling in the stars....breathe in those incredible cold white sparkly stars on a sky of darkest blue velvet.  All of those views with the backdrop of proud red brick.  It is simply grand.
I did fix the door handle.  Or at least, I attempted to do so.  I will brag tomorrow if it works even just a little bit.  (A hint:  One step away from duct taping it!).
We will see.  
Even some of the bits, the remnants lying around, seem to whisper part of the story of this building...

I am closing in on the last Main Street main level set of windows.  I think I will need to backtrack to scrape them better.  (Lesson learned).  Then I start cleaning the grout between the glass block with TSP.  (When referred to the product, I pretended I knew what it was...had to ask... another lesson learned:  Don't pretend.  Don't let pride get in the way.  Ask questions.  Ask more questions.  Get answers.  Do the work.)

For tonight....this is all she wrote.

Thank you.  I am forever grateful.  And always, Blessings.

~ stephanie

ps.  There are moments I feel are 'humblers'.  For example, when trying to fix the door handle - of course, at night - dropped the screws...In the dark.  Did find it.  Unbelievably though, it turned out to be a good mishap as I got down on the pavement, finding pieces of glass and old nails...  So it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment