Monday, September 29, 2014

Monday, September 29, 2014
I feel a bit lost, on days like this one, which pass without work on the building.  By the time I got there this evening, I was still debating with myself on the wisdom of caulking as the temperature dropped lower and lower (43 degrees Fahrenheit) and the time grew later and later.

I decided to check the building, but once I arrived and concluded my self-debate, I decided that photographing each window on the main level, would be wise for planning.  With each window or set of windows I can form a list, tailored for each one.  I am excited at the possibility of organizing the work which needs to be done!





These wood framed windows need only two panes replaced, but they need a great amount of caulking for the existing ones.  There are also four window sections which need mechanical repair on the top portion of the double hung structure.  For this year I think I am going to cover the gaps with wood furring strips backed by spray foam gap filler.  By doing so I protect the existing window parts temporarily, then I can look at them again next spring.  Plus that type of repair can be painted.

I think the keys with these windows are caulking, then puttying them.  Tuesday afternoon. I must start!

OH! I forgot great news!  Remember the lawn mower which came with the building?  Turns out it is functional!  The repair shop can do it!!!

More stories... for another day.
Thank you!
Love and Blessings....
~stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment