Sunday, September 21, 2014

Sunday, September 22, 2014
Hello!
Post rain:  I open windows, then check how much water has seeped in.  I always pray when I get to the second floor... my concern:  ROOF!

 
Every rain I check on this section of the trusses and rafters under the northwest part of the roof.  The weight of the water, plus the waterlogged wood, is causing bowing or sagging.  Oddly enough I think part of the support is now the metal piping which was added for wiring, but never connected.  In months past I looked at the pipes, shaking my head, wondering 'why'.  Now I am grateful for them.  Hopefully just a month away from repair and new roof! 
 
The rafters... Please, please just last one more month....
 
 
 
Water...I watch the water... fascinating.  Seriously.  On the main level, as it spreads, the edges swallow concrete dust.
 

 
On the main level... In the morning after the night rain..
 
 
 
 

 
More lessons from the building.... The last week or so I have been worried about windows.  I figure that it is the one thing I can do to satisfy my Phase I agreement with the city.  It is totally acceptable and understandable... the building can no longer look like it is abandoned.  For many practical reasons, but in my mind, the building cannot look uncared for, because..... well, it is mine!  I  have no beef about the Phasing.  In fact it was my idea.  The only way to save the building in any reasonable financial manner was the phasing proposal.  In no way could a person finish it all within a year.
 
My phases for outside alone are three and one-half years.  For everything:  Six years.  (Secretly I am striving for five years..)
Back to the important stuff:  my latest lesson.  All this time looking at the building.  Dreaming.  Visioning.  Planning.  AND I have been all about windows of late, I never noticed.... Look.  Look at these photos... See if you see what I first saw today. (I felt like such a bonehead.  How could I not see it?)
 
Taken from the outside.

Again, outside.

Outside. Nope, sorry. Inside.  I just think it is cool...

Outside.  Here is the photo.  See it? Look at those holes.
 

Give up?  Now, understand, this window is right where I park. I have looked at it every day (practically) for the past eight months... Never noticed one important fact....
 
 
The holes.  BB gun - hopefully not a shotgun!  But that is not the key.  I was amazed today.  The holes.  The gun was shot from the inside, not the outside. Can you imagine?
 
 
That was my big news of the day.  Tonight I tried treating the windows, getting the concrete dust and whatever else might be stuck to them.  I felt fairly successful until driving away, I noticed in the street lights, .... um, let's just say "not good".
It is peculiar to be at a new stage.  I had the scraping windows mini-phase in my head.  Now I need to start replacing panes, recaulk, and  prepare for painting.
 
I have to close with a photo of just... well, it is part of the cuteness of the building... He is not just an armory after all!

 

I am unsure what piece of machinery it comes from, but lying on the concrete windowsill, this cutie....

*sigh* And those are my tales for today.  Not mine actually.  The building's.
 
Thank you....And, Blessings.  Lots of love too. And dreams of happiness.  And buildings. And bricks...(and clean windows...ugh.)
~stephanie
 


No comments:

Post a Comment