Thursday, September 4, 2014

419 West Main Street ~ Merrill

 

Hi!  More photos taken today!  I wanted to show you the last two sides of the building, plus some random exterior shots - just so you could get to know this wonderful building!
 
Honestly though, part of the story of my journey with the building is.... every storm, every rainfall I hold my breath.  He is scheduled for a new roof before the coming winter and I pray (seriously) that the existing roof holds until then.  It's a silly fear, really.  (More on roofing story later).
 
 
 The Main Street side and the east exterior wall... problematic in appearance and long term structural, but according to engineer..... sound.

 
The exterior of the east wall and spare lot........
 
 
Spots like this one exist on the east exterior wall - patch job after a once adjoining building was torn down.  Undetermined if rain water is seeping in between the bricks due to the patching done or due to the rotted and rolled up portion of the roof directly above this area.

 
Bricks.  I dream of bricks!  More from the east wall....


Bricks...  Fascinated and fascinating.  My Purlingtons...


Finally ~ the alley side, facing south.  Each view of the building, to me, has its own story!  (Wait until you see the inside!)
 
 
Dressing it up.... Months ago, even before it was truly mine, I felt like he needed some sprucing up, as if I was continually pinning a boutonniere on the lapel of a suit coat.
 
 
 
Welcome.  Welcome to my dream... Thank you.... and, Blessings...
 
~ Stephanie


No comments:

Post a Comment