Saturday, September 13, 2014

419 West Main Street ~ Merrill

Hi! 
Happy Weekend!
I scraped more windows, enthused by the progress of the lock, I began as usual.  Midstream tonight
I scraped, then day dreamed.  Needless to state openly that this method is not a preferable one.  Day dreaming and scraping paint and old putty only go in tandem when the scraping part far exceeds the day dreaming!
Happy Day! Local locksmith came to take a look at the alleyway door.  I now am the owner of the smoothest locking mechanism....
Progress.  
But I got to thinking about this 'progress.'  Exciting that I no longer need to crawl under the building's garage door, but sad as well because it reminds me all those times when I did just that.
(It is times like these I wonder where I learned to write!!)
What I mean is that part of the charm of the building, to me, was crawling under the garage door to get inside. That part of the journey is now over.  A new lock!
Perhaps the pictures should do the talking!
(And hey!!!! I just thought of this:  Since this is my journey ~ even though I have a locking door now, there is not a rule anywhere saying I cannot crawl under the garage door if I should choose?!)
Saturday's list:  Research how to fix double hung windows, a dust pan, scraping, clearing the neighboring lot and....well, maybe daydreams about a charming building...)
Oh - one more thing:  It might be a Friday-type building as well as a Sunday building.  With the rain and the ending of the workweek, I spent time at the building just dreaming.  Actually that is not true:  I put my feet up on the second floor window sill, then shut my eyes.  
What would the use be, to work there, but never enjoy it.  Friday afternoons are perfect!
Mmmm.  Ecstatically exhausted!
Thank you....And Blessings!
~stephanie


The open door. Welcome!





Tonight, main floor.  I look at these windowsills) the time 

Main floor - A handsome building



 




No comments:

Post a Comment