Monday, September 8, 2014

Started the windows....

419 West Main Street ~ Merrill

Hi!  Welcome!
Today I began work on the windows.  Impressed?  Please.  Don't be.  For it was setting off on this part of the journey that I encountered "Lesson from the Building, #186."  Sub-lesson number i-don't-know-how-many-times of humility!  Yesterday I felt like a hardware ninja/goddess and Miss Organized.  Well, as I set-up to start scraping the window, I realized that my wonderful new ladder is not long enough for me to reach the top of the ground level windows.  Hmm.  Yes.  Hardware Ninja.  It is good for the soul, moments like these.
Eating an elephant.  One bite at a time....
In all seriousness, I love it.  Every minute.  Scraping windows reminds me of summers spent scraping and painting my grandparents' house.  But more recently, it reminds me of this summer;  the times in-between meetings and paperwork and phone calls and plans.  I could not help myself.  I could not wait.  And the process of becoming the owner seemed to drag on and on...compounded by my own beginner's understanding or lack thereof.
What could I do besides dream?  I swept.  I found great pleasure in sweeping upstairs, then standing back to look at what I had uncovered.  
Lines.  Clean lines.  Strong lines.
So, this evening I present just a smattering of photos of upstairs.  I hope you enjoy them!
Thank you!  And, Blessings...
~ stephanie

*Please (and apologetically) ~ these photos individually do not really make any sense and I almost did not post them...but then I looked again.  Together, they give a person a feeling.  Perhaps you may see why I love it so..
Upstairs, south view room....the beginning of sweeping! (June/July 2014)

Lines.  Bricks and concrete. Pipes.  So beautiful!

It is just part of him...

Upstairs, Main Street side.

Upstairs.  The late afternoon sunlight upon that old green painted brick...


No comments:

Post a Comment