Wednesday, September 3, 2014

419 West Main Street ~ Merrill

 



A building this grand deserves up to date photos.... but, like life, its story keeps going forward no matter what.  Hopefully!  This photo was taken back in February 2014.  I share it because this face of the building is my favorite.  To me, it is like looking at someone squarely, face to face (it is the Genesee Street side, facing westward).  The previous day's photo shows the main entrance  - the front door side, on Main Street in Merrill.

Correctly or incorrectly - to me, this is the handsome side! (Can you tell I am totally in love with the building?  I always have been).  Seems funny to write this, but I am its new owner as of last Thursday, August 28, 2014.  Funny because I do not feel like an owner.  The building and I have been on this amazing journey already for the past seven months;  learning lessons, crying, laughing, planning, and dreaming.

An owner in the classic sense?  Real estate? Hmmm. No. Not at all.  More like an artist "wannabe".  My canvas or jewel-in-the-rough happens to be 21,000 square feet of solid masonry gorgeousness!

Please!  I invite you to come along on this adventure (full of - I am certain - mistakes.... but also full of pleasant surprises and heartfelt lessons).

Thank you!  And..... Blessings...

~ Stephanie



No comments:

Post a Comment