Friday, September 5, 2014


I learned months ago.... if I questioned my heart or debated about the building or just generally doubted... all I had to do was look here, at this corner inside.  Even now, after a full week and an incredibly wonderfully full day, feeling tired and ragged, I can close my eyes, pause a moment taking a deep breath, open my eyes.... and I see this corner.
Makes me smile and shake my head.
Every time.
In my heart of hearts, I love it.  Every inch.

I have heard that buildings - sometimes they talk to you. Seriously.  Someone told me that after a luncheon in which I got a bit carried away describing the building, showing photos, and brainstorming ideas.  They shared with me their experiences that yes, sometimes a building has such a vibe to it.  Who knows?

Maybe because it was built in 1925 as an armory, then used as a fallout shelter.  Maybe because it was a vocational / technical school in the 1960's.  Maybe because for some reason a mason back in the day put two concrete diamonds on either side of the nameplates. 

And maybe because for ninety years it has never had a name on those nameplates....

Or quite possibly, it could be that once you walk inside, no matter what type of day or what mood a person might be in, "Close your eyes. Take a deep breath.  Open."
 
And I cannot help but smile.

So, welcome to the inside of 419.  Welcome to his story...

Thank you!  And Blessings.....

~stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment