Thursday, September 11, 2014

419 West Main Street ~ Merrill

 

Hi.. 
Windows.  Continuing work to prepare the windows.  And research!  It cannot be very exciting to read more about scratching paint and old caulk, but that is the reality.  Seems like I have had a hundred ideas and topics ala building upon which to write during the course of the day.  But now, I am at a loss.
Amazing how much it dries out in a day and how warm it is inside despite the chilly evening (frost warnings - first one of the coming autumn.
Research?  How to preserve the steel framed industrial windows.  Parts of a standard window.  How to construct "faux muntins"....Fakery to be sure, but the second floor windows are not original and I am guessing I will not have time to replace them before January.  I only need to weather tight them ~ along with my need to vainly make sure they look respectable.
He needs to look nice for the holidays!!!
Moment of returning hardware goddess-hood as I have upgraded my ladder to six-feet of fiberglass.  Nice!
 
Next research topic:  What to do with grout / caulking around glass block.  Such is my life.  I am loving it!
 
Photos?  The Main Street main level windows from the inside at night.... Have I mentioned the coziness of the street lights as it shines in these windows?  And the toasty warmth despite the approaching frosty night?
 
Oh!  The best news (aka reality check) - hopefully by the weekend my alley door will be functional with a lock!!!  Secondary best news - I might experiment with stripping the paint and corrosion on the metal window frames!  Exciting!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Mmmmm.  A great finish to the day....
 
It floors me, but not in an overwhelming sense.  I am floored as I stand in there, thinking "Here I am.". It is a good spot to be in.
 
 
Thank you.... And Blessings.  (Maybe I should try to 'soup up' the story a bit?  Nah. It would not be right.  The story is about scraping.  Every step of the way.  It is most excellent.  I realize over and over that the dream of the building is not the vision I have of 'what it will be someday'.  But the dream is really now - the scraping and dreaming.  The dream is the dreaming.  You know?)
 
Fabulous.
 
~stephanie



No comments:

Post a Comment