Sunday, November 2, 2014

Sunday, November 2, 2014.
How is it possibly November already?  It is.  More lumber arrived, along with another huge piece of machinery which looks big enough to be interesting and big enough to be scary.  Tucked in the shadows of the empty lot I truly did not see the scoop part until I was face to face with it!  Earlier in the day I bought the next sized ladder, thinking proudly about how I am progressing!  To tell you the truth even though I am fascinated by construction equipment, I really am a chicken when it comes to these major lifts and dozers.  (Still.... pretty cool... and exciting.. and a bit scary.... and thinking the quiet days of Matthias - the quietness of vacancy - are thankfully over...  Peace and quiet - to come.  Quiet and abandoned?  Over.)
So that is it.  We begin again in the morning with an engineer for everyone involved with the roof repair and replacement.  In the coming week I think the doors will be fitted with new safety glass.  I should call a painter.  I should touch base with garage door carpenters.  I should contact the firm who connected me with an engineer - a miracle especially given the short notice.  I think the sewer lines will be dyed to see to where my roof drains' pipes lead. 
And if I am truly lucky, I will get to use my new eight foot ladder!

Happy Monday!
Thank you.
Love and Blessings.
~stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment