Sunday, November 9, 2014

Saturday, November 8, 2014
I miss the building terribly.  Even when I am not there, I find myself learning lessons life provides.... and life, this path, includes the building!  The glass in the Main Street doors have made an amazing difference.  Others have remarked about them, thinking they were different doors and - my favorite - the building no longer looks uncared for.  As it turns out, lots of people around town have lots of ideas for possible future uses of the building.  I love hearing them!
Part of the beauty of the whole path is that it is not immediate.  This process will take time, unfolding, revealing as we go along.  Even as I take care of other things, I find myself wishing for the roof and wondering at how the renovation and the business will unfold.  Seems like the logic I laid out.... well, I need "revision to the vision."  That too is part of the lesson.  How to change. How to be patient.  Mostly:  How to keep going, staying in tune with what has been happening and keep listening to the lessons along the way.  There are plenty of good reasons, from all sorts of angles, why the roof delay is truly a positive outcome in the long run.  Perhaps it gives me the time to fold my life in line with the path, the rebounding or resurfacing after the initial plunge.  Grab some air.  Do it again.
Another brick building owner in town, when we talked of the building, simply shrugged her shoulders when I shared with her, the disappointment of the necessity of waiting for the roof. "So you wait, Steph."
Simple.  Straightforward.
(And, inquiries from future potential tenants!)
Timing.  Timing and time.

Thank you.

Love and Blessings.
~stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment